Home > Australia > Sydney > Berowra Waters > Calabash Bay Lodge
Lot 13, Calabash Bay Berowra Waters NSW 2082
All rates are in AUD and include all taxes.
Calabash Bay Lodge is a boutique luxury retreat for the discerning traveller in a unique and exemplary water-access only location on the Hawkesbury River.
Unlike other destinations further afield, the Sydney Calabash Bay Lodge offers a unique experience of the Australian wilderness and absolute waterfront way of life, yet is only a heartbeat away from the bustling national metropolis of Sydney, only 1 hour to the south.
Calabash Bay Lodge is surrounded by 360 degrees of riverfront national park. The pristine eucalypt bush and 200 million year old Hawkesbury sandstone cliffs that ring Calabash Bay Lodge offer an unparalleled nature-based luxury escape.
Calabash Bay Lodge offers north-facing floor to ceiling views from every room to a 4km sweep of riverfront. There are four beautifully-styled double bedrooms - all with access to balconies and water views, and 3 bathrooms, 2 being private ensuites.
The interior-designed indoor and outdoor entertaining and lifestyle zones feature the best of Australian and international design from Coco Republic, Hub, Planet, and Cloth Fabric, and essential modern amenities, including FREE high speed wireless broadband, integrated stereo system, games console and an HD media centre.
Our accolades that we're proud to share with you:
• Unique Accommodation Gold Winner at the 2012 Greater Sydney Tourism Awards
• Unique Accommodation Finalist in the NSW Tourism Awards 2012
• Virgin Australia's Voyeur Magazine rated us as one of the world's “51 top luxe experiences” on their 2012 Luxe List
• The Weekend Australian rated us in the world's "Top Water Beds" in 2009
• A top luxury pick in Fairfax's 52 Good Weekends Away list of 2011
All of our accommodation rates are for the exclusive private rental of the entire fully self-contained property.
FREE water taxi transfers on arrival and departure
FREE use of runabout boat for fishing and adventuring
FREE use of kayaks
FREE use of fishing equipment
FREE firewood, linen and amenities
FREE WiFi, iPad, computer access & HDTV
FREE sparkling wine on arrival
FREE coffee & tea provisions
FREE cot & highchai hire
FREE final cleaning.
For more details about Calabash Bay Lodge, Click here, or, for rates and availability of other Sydney Apartments, click here
Make the most of your stay with a combination of active experiences, adventuring or just surrender to the pleasures of pure relaxation and indulgence...
* Explore the 200 million year old sandstone cliffs and waterways by kayak, travelling into Calabash Bay and down adjoining mangrove creeks as indigenous Australians once did, looking out for rock art along the shoreline
* Swim straight off the Lodge's private pontoon and in Calabash Bay at low tide
* Discover secret beaches by boat, perfect for a romantic waterfront picnic under the shade of a gum tree
* Bushwalk into the adjoining Marramarra National Park straight from the back of the Lodge, exploring the eerie sandstone ruins of an abandoned 19th century hotel atop Calabash Point on the way (approx. 15 mins to ruins; approx. 1-2 hours total return walk at depending on fitness level)
* Watch a classic or new release movie on our extensive Apple media centre collection, or via Foxtel HD TV
* Take the boat out into the bay, sink a few fishing lines medium to hard difficulty)
* Chill out on the lawn waterside, or the upstairs sun terrace off the bedrooms, soaking up the magical atmosphere of life on the waterfront
* Read a book from our library or latest magazine as you lounge on the hammock or a deckchair
* Do some morning yoga on the lawn or upstairs sun terrace
* Take a scenic cruise along the Hawkesbury aboard the Elsie May with our friends Aquality Cruises
* Or if that's too much effort, fish straight off our private pontoon on Calabash Point, which has bream, flathead, mulloway and crabs teeming underneath and is one of the best fishing spots north of Sydney, and also one of the best positions on the river.
Other Berowra Waters Apartments